Tagged by onwingsofsong
5 random facts about yourself and then tag 10 people of your choice.
- I am the child of a mother who used to rescue stray cats and kittens, and so have helped raise a grand total of 17 fur-babies thus far (that includes Daemon).
- I play a lot of video games, and have managed to hold onto just about every game I’ve ever played. My collection is up to about 1,500 titles starting in the NES/Sega Master System era up to present.
- I studied abroad in Japan for two semesters as part of my Japanese Cultural Studies minor, during which time I worked as an English teacher’s assistant and tutor at a middle school, and then as an intern for the International Relations department of Toyohashi, Japan. I used to be proficient enough to pass the JLPT sankyuu certification but it’s been like a decade since I used my Japanese for anything other than critiquing fansubs and reading imported manga/video games.
- As a teenager I used to help fansub anime for Anime-Kraze. I tried my hand at translation at first but since I was still fairly new to the language I took too long to translate episodes and so I switched to typesetting instead.
- I am a second-generation IT worker. My mom started working in IT in the late 70’s/early 80’s for the University of Toledo, back when the entire IT department was like five people (it’s currently about ~300, fyi). I work as the lead of the IT department at a software development company in Cleveland, Ohio.
I tag steamykins, solstice-hearts, kimdactyl, king-in-yellow, na-vidya-na-avidya, assbaka, scottbaiowulf, honeyvonbunny, rabbitsquartet. squid-ichorous
My friend Jack works for the city pound. Whenever anyone asks him what he does for a living he says, “Jack rustle terrier.”
Nickname: N… Nick?
Birthday: June 22nd
Sexuality: Approximately straight
Height: 6’ 0”
Time Zone: EDT
What time and date is it there: 11:37 PM on August 26th, the two-thousand and fourteenth year of our Luigi.
Average hours of sleep I get each night: About 6, based on several years of sleep tracking statistics.
My most used phrase(s):
No clue. human-garbage-baby
First word that comes to mind: ”Meow”. Second word was “mix”.
What I last said to a family member: ”Home ok, thanks for letting me visit :)”
One place that makes me happy & why: Luna Pier, MI
because I used to go there with my mom and brother as a kid and we’d get McDonalds and listen to the waves. It was all very soothing.
How many blankets I sleep under: 0 to 3 depending on how bad the winter is.
Favourite beverage(s): Dirty chai, bourbon, honeysuckle green tea, cream soda.
The last movie I watched in the cinema: Iron Man 3, I think…? It’s been a long time.
Three things I can’t live without: Caffeine, video games, internet.
Something I plan on learning: How to do *something* creative.
A piece of advice for all my followers: ”Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it. Don’t wait for it. Just let it happen.”
You all have to listen to this song:
Oh jeez this is a lot of pressure. Just listen to what makes you happy.
My blog(s): cacologies
- personal blog | cacophotography
- photography blog | ikaruwa
- gaming blog | lifeafterhumans
- Nature photos, sans people
Current status: Trying to teach my cat how to put DVD’s in the DVD player.
Fun fact about me: I like to pour a nice glass of bourbon to sip while I browse men’s fashion blogs and scream “WHY!? WHY WOULD YOU WEAR THAT!?! DO YOU REALIZE HOW RIDICULOUS YOU LOOK?!?!”
US Playstation 2 or rely on PSN with the Playstation 3?
YOU KNOW WHICH GAMES. XD (… seriously, I think my gaming interests are pretty narrow and specific. When have I played something that you haven’t already beaten, except back in 2000? XD And maybe with TWEWY since I played it in Japan. BTW: what should I name Raidō for ultimate hilariousness in the Japanese version? Just stick with the default? This has been bugging me. Also, I’ve inherited a lot of karaoke games I guess? Maybe music games, idk. Maybe that’s the genre we diverge on.)
My tv is the smallest modern LCD money can buy, so I think like 27-inch? Eyesight is all nearsighted crap from reading tiny bad ancient handwriting anyway, so I was like, why would I spend money on that? XD
If it helps you decide, the PS3 is regionless, the PS2 is region-locked.
So you could buy Japanese games to play on a US PS3 no problem.
I don’t really know what games you’re talking about, but since KIY is involved I assume maybe SMT? In which case Persona 2 and 3 FES are both available via PSN, but Persona 1 is not and Persona 4 is on Vita only. Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 are both on PSN as well.
My money would be on the PS3 only because of the ratio between quality games and cost/rarity. By that I mean the PS2 has a lot of quality titles but they’re very hard to find and can cost an arm and a leg even when you find them. The PS3’s library is more affordable what with it still being supported for another two years or so (Sony declared last year with the PS4 announcement that their plans have always been for consoles to have a decade-long product lifecycle, meaning we should expect PS3 games and services to go away somewhere around Q2/Q3 2016).
Some day I’m going to marry king-in-yellow's dog.
IT SUDDENLY GOT REALLY DARK IN HERE LIKE as if someone stood in front of our brightest lamp and it freaked me out so bad cause i thought “GHOSTS??? DEMONS?????” and i turned around and all i saw was
So I lost like 10 followers for posting pictures of rottweilers
Puppy party without you guys
WHO THE FUCK IS HATING ON ROTTWEILERS?!? BECAUSE IF YOU ARE YOU NEED TO GOLDEN-RETRIEVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMANITY!!!
lost highway?! seriously?! of all of them
I know, right? Nothing like a little home invasion to lull me into a deep, restful slumber.
AND starring an actual murderer playing a creepy home-invading supernatural dude, too.
I don’t know that I’ve seen it in full since I saw it in the theaters with my dad when I was sixteen. Hmmm, that’s a good idea, actually.
It’s one of my brother’s favorite films, and was my introduction to David Lynch. I just got done watching (read: listening to while playing Mario Kart 8) Lord of the Rings: Two Towers, and Lost Highway was next to it in my collection so I popped it in.
Completely forgot anything about this movie. I think this is on par with that time I decided to watch The Shining because I was stuck inside my apartment during a snowstorm.
It’s over a week away and yet I’ve spent my evening planning out the specifics of the dinner I’m making for human-garbage-baby when we have a birthday party for my cat Daemon, who turns 3 on 08/07.
Lookin’ like tuna steak au poivre in bordelaise instead of the traditional cognac & cream, served with sauteed spinach and cannelini beans.
The Saturday we celebrate is gonna involve so much running around to get presents and decorations and ingredients… I still need to decide what to do for breakfast that Sunday, too. Might do eggs benedict, might not be feeling up to a hollandaise…
Okay for real though, who here would give human flesh a taste if they had the opportunity?